is too good to be

 of the soul,


Friendship, like the

My name is Claudia ( Jo is just a nickname I loved since I was little), I am originally from Romania, sometime my friend will make fun of my Russian accent :)) I moved in Chicago few years ago where I met my husband who happened to be Romanian too (with Romanian accent). I am married with the most amazing person on this planet!! I can say God first and than my husband is the reason I got to this level of my life, that’s why he followed me in my passion and learned how to be the best second shooter. My passion for photography started by editing other's people photos back in 2008 and yes I learned how to work in photoshop before I start doing professional photography. I love Jesus, long walks with my husband, sushi, coffee, reading,  huge fun of "Pride and Prejudice" and romantic movies,  and the list goes on and on :)
Feel free to bond with me over any of the aforementioned items. I'm sure we'll get along.

Hi there!!






If you’ve already put a deposit down on a date then have to move/cancel it, contact me and we can find another date that works for both of us.

No, as I believe that editing is half the magic that goes into images and without this huge step the images are only halfway done. I promise to never leave any photos out that you’ll want/need, and if you feel I missed delivering a photo, just ask! I’m more than happy to check back through my images and send it over to you (I make mistakes, no lie!). I won’t let you miss out on your memories!<

I’ll always include plenty of images of everything I capture. I don’t like to give a cutoff number because I don’t believe in withholding any images from you to get you to pay more like some photographers do. These are your memories, I promise to capture them fully and give you more than enough images to remember this time in your lives

The turnaround depends on how much I shoot, how busy I am, my travel schedule, and the holidays. Typically, for sessions it takes 3 weeks or less and weddings take 5 weeks or less. I try to get them back to you as soon as possible while making sure I give time to each and every image needs.


I require 30% retainer to secure your spot on my calendar, and the remaining 70% is due 1 week  in advance for weddings. You can split these payments (up to 3 payments) if you’d like to help make it more affordable. I’m happy to work with your schedule!


Heaven forbids this happens, as it would only happen if it were out of my control (act of god, illness, death, etc) but in this case I would do my best to help find a replacement photographer to take my place that I trust with a similar style, although I’m not legally held to do so. If I can’t make it to your wedding your money will be refunded.

Last reviews 

" Claudia and Chris are simply the best. They are extremely kind and will make any kind of accommodations you need. They are wonderful people and even better photographers. Completely worth every penny! We are in love with our wedding photos and it is all because of their incredible skills. We are incredibly grateful that we found them, the pictures are STUNNING."
- Diana & Mat -

"We had the best experience with Claudia Jo Photography! Claudia and Chris are super down to earth, easy to work with, enthusiastic , and very fun! They have a way of capturing moments in such a way that when you look back on the photos you relive all those experiences and emotions! My husband is not a big fan of posing for photos but Claudia Jo made our experience so enjoyable and comfortable! Also, because of our work schedules we were not able to meet with them until our actual wedding, but by the end of our wedding day it felt like they were part of our family! I totally recommend Claudia Jo Photography to anyone looking for great photographers and amazing people that can help you capture your special moments in life!"
- Christian & Debby -

This power couple will use any environment to get you the best photos and make it fun along the way! I hate taking pictures, but time flew with them at our wedding and the photos came out absolutely beautiful!
- Marissa & Ryan -

My daughter had suggested that I use Claudia Jo for my wedding. I am so happy that I did because my husband and I could not have been more satisfied in the quality of work that she produced. We highly recommend Claudia Jo!
- Enza & Tim - 

Claudia is the BEST!!! She made our day so memorable and the pictures just left us SPEECHLESS. We loved working with her, she does such a MARVEOULOS work and look forward to working with her again.
 - Daniela & Ady -

As Seen in The Knot Magazine
Couples love us! See our reviews on The Knot.